Thursday, March 12, 2015

Skeletons

First, I would like to say thank you to Christian for inviting me to be a guest blogger.  It is an honor.  And thank you for giving me that little push to write outside my realm.

They say that everyone has skeletons in their closet.  Coming to terms with your skeletons makes you a stronger person.  I never wanted to do that.  Come to terms with them that is.  I preferred to play pretend.  Pretend that the memories I had were but dreams, that way I could turn the dreams to good use.  What better fuel for the characters in my writing.

However, sometimes these skeletons demand attention.  Typically when you are not expecting it and definitely when you don’t want to.

The closet door has been opened
And the memories flood back.
You left me in a burning car
And I got to watch you pack.
 
You taught me in the time of crisis
To simply turn the other cheek.
I thought it good advice
Then I didn’t appear to be a freak.
 
But pretending something does not exist
Sadly, does not make it so.
I cannot close that closet door
And I cannot simply go.
 
So now I am faced with the struggle
To lay these skeletons to rest
Of dealing with my exposed emotions
Because that really is what’s best.
© Rachel Rennie

How about you?  Have you put your skeletons to rest?

If you enjoyed this piece, please visit my site www.RachelRennie.weebly.com
You are welcome to follow me on Google+ or FaceBook


Rachel is a romantic at heart who likes to explore the paranormal universe.  Writing fantastical adventures for adults, both young and old.  

Born and raised in a small Northern town now raising her own family in a Western Canadian city, Rachel has many stories to tell.  She spends most of her time dreaming up new adventures as she ventures out in the world with her family gaining wonderful insight into new words and new worlds. 

Rachel is always searching for the silver lining in every situation and that is where her passion with words comes through.  Her imagination often gets the best of her when she takes an ordinary, everyday occurrence and romanticizes it.

1 comment:

  1. The tight end anticipates a better showing in 2020, and not just because of the Brady addition. EST Saturday.Here is mugshot from 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster, arrested in Tampa on Saturday night and held without bail on a misdemeanor count of domestic battery.

    Why Advertise with UsIt is a part MK Outlet of all our lives and commercial radio takes the lead here because it reaches around 80% of Australians, who each spend Cheap Yeezy Shoes Sale on average 2 hours 41 minutes listening each day. Years later, it hard to hear the song and not imagine Beyonc directing the chorus toward her future husband..

    Screen time is way up amidst the coronavirus outbreak. That's how this is different for college basketball. Notes a 2020 report from China that showed that particles could be found in the ventilation systems in hospital rooms of Coach Outlet Clearance patients with COVID 19.

    "It very interesting that so far, the majority seem to be coming from Europe, and this is in part I think because Yeezy Shoes For Sale there was a focus on stopping travel from China," she said.27 Cheap Nike Air Force 1 dead on Solomon Islands ferry: Did it follow virus orderThe leader Air Force 1 In Store of the remote Solomon Islands said Wednesday that 27 people had died after being washed overboard from a crowded ferry last week and New Air Jordan Shoes the government is conducting a criminal investigation.

    These, though, aren't normal times. News will include on the Site the date on which it last made amendments to these terms.. "Our research shows the vast Jordan Shoes For Sale majority of patients are middle class people, mostly women, who just want to maintain a youthful appearance," Johnson said..

    ReplyDelete